1) Draft Plan for the Justice Party National Steering Committee (Lenny),
We need to broaden the steering committee, to widen expertise, fill critical competencies (namely fundraising, legal counsel)
We should be appealing to those who are supported by PDA, but not by Dems. These people can fill and stabilize our ranks on the steering committee, so that we might develop the national committee.
Ideally, we want to find people from both ends of the political spectrum.
Submit names for potential people to be added to the steering committee to Lenny Brody (Lennybrody@yahoo.com)
2) Liste of Steering Committee members with Bio + photo,
3) Ballot access report (Walter),
- California ballot access and the Peace and Freedom Party (Cynthia & Michael),
We have had good progress getting folks to participate in Peace and Freedom party to get Rocky in office.
4) Justice Party Strategic Planning Workgroup (Cynthia),
Examine this document; we'll talk about this more next week, and get people assigned to specific tasks.
5) Justice Party discussion on the Minimum Wage on March 14 with Alan Maki
This will come up next week.
6) On the nature of the steering committee
We have a lot of work. Between the steering committee meetings, we should be scheduling working groups functioning as subcommittees to develop ideas.
7) Status of Mississippi
The national Justice Party Steering Committee will consider paying the $300 filing fee for Bobby Karan, the Senate Candidate for Mississippi.
Michael will contact the candidate, Bobby Kaeran for discussion first.